For your listening/viewing pleasure. With commentary! You’re welcome.
Because, duh. This is The Posse’s theme song.
2. “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” – Miranda Lambert
Oh Miranda. I’m sure in real life you and Lilly would be “like this.” Miranda is what Lilly listens to whenever Cash is around.
3. “Buy Myself A Chance” – Randy Rogers Band
Everyone’s favorite, infamous, gambling addict is safely tucked away in rehab. But he’s always working an angle. No matter where he is.
4. “I Can’t Tell You Why” – Eagles
This is what Lilly usually says when she’s talking about Cash.
5. “Wildest Dreams” – Taylor Swift
I like to think of this as Spencer’s anthem. Because he’s tall. And handsome as heck.
6. “Only Prettier” – Miranda Lambert
Y’all know The Posse is just like your group of friends. Except scarier. With bigger hair. And itchier trigger fingers.
One of my favorite scenes in the book is when Lilly & Co. head to the city. I gotta real good feelin…
8. “You Can Take The Girl Out of The Honkytonk (But You Can’t Take The Honkytonk Out of The Girl)” – Brooks and Dunn
Tally’s theme song. High level truth.
9. “Songs About Rain” – Gary Allan
It won’t stop raining in Brooks. Everybody’s going a little crazy.
10. “Oklahoma Breakdown” – Stoney LaRue
Lilly’s current mental state. Bless her heart.
11. “Notorious” – Duran Duran
Spencer likes to listen to weird music driving around Brooks. He blasts this.
You’ve met Cash, right?
13. “Jesus Is Just Alright With Me” – The Doobie Bros.
Lilly pretty much needs to hear this every day.
So many classic Reba’s. But I chose this newer one. Because OMG, this video. Nothing better than creative justice. I think The Posse would approve.
15. “Set Fire To The Rain” – Adele
Lilly’s trying. Real hard.
16. “Faster Gun” – Little Big Town
17. “Tired of Getting My Butt-Kicked” – The Bellamy Brothers
No explanation needed.